Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: "marc" <marc AT merkstduwas.de>
  • To: "Piraten AG Meinungsfindungstool" <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, "Metagovernment Project" <start AT metagovernment.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:01:33 +0200

Michael Allan wrote
Thanks again for inviting me to yesterday's meeting. Thanks also to
Ronald for presenting.

You are welcome!

Alex said:
It's no problem that the OVN is defunct. It's about the concept
which is of interest to us.
Would be great if someone could explain the idea behind it.

The technical idea is summarized here: (see also links at left)
http://zelea.com/project/outcast/_overview.xht

This shows a "discussion system" in AG terminology. It shows the
discussion media themselves at right (mailing lists, chat rooms, etc)
plus other facilities that are related to discussion and necessary for
opinion formation (Meinungsfindungs). In this picture, however, the
problem of free choice is shown only for the voting media, where it is
labeled "free range voting". For the other media, we assume the
individual already has freedom of choice.

What about the "Diff Functionality"?

It shows up as the "difference bridge" in this more detailed picture:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/d/architecture.xht

This picture also expresses the problem of free choice in drafting and
discussion media in the context of Votorola. Here the question is,
"How does the Votorola vote-server connect to all the various drafting
media that users might choose? And discussion media?"

One possible answer our working groups comes out with is, that we need to define kind of standardization. Like the W3C standardizes the internet and Business Entity Model...

[...]

> ** "Information media" or "information system" is perhaps not a
> good name for this category. All three corners of the
> triangle are concerned with informational content.

Maybe. So could you make suggestions for a better name? :-)
"Information" seems too broad, and "fact" too narrow. Maybe
"knowledge system"?

Regarding Information vs. Knowledge please see my post on Alex' post...

Cheers
marc

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.19.

Seitenanfang