Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: bIV <bIV AT news.piratenpartei.de>
  • To: ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:32:29 +0000

Marc schrieb:
Alexander Praetorius schrieb:
Michael Allan schrieb:
** "Information media" or "information system" is perhaps not a
good name for this category. All three corners of the
triangle are concerned with informational content.
Maybe. So could you make suggestions for a better name? :-)
"Information" seems too broad, and "fact" too narrow. Maybe
"knowledge system"?
Thats an open issues.
Currently we are trying to create precise definitions for several terms.
One of them is "Information" and it seems as there is no consensus about
what
it should mean.
So personally I think "Knowledge System" might be a better word, but there
is a
complex of terms that are very hard to define.
For me, it's a chain of terms in the following order:
Noise -> Signals/Signs/Symbols/Data/Evidence -> Information -> knowledge ->
wisdom
That's one possible good definition, but I would refine to the following:

1) DATA == character + meaning
2) INFORMATION == data + context
3) KNOWLEDGE == information + experience

may i jump in here?

1) combine Alex with Marc: Values (data) are everything measurable, so mathematically describable as elements of sets

2) Information = values (data) related to each other by repeatable, coherent processes of changes of values (physical action). The measurability allows the storing and mapping of the values, the repeatability the reproducing of the processes by the sequence and relations of the values, so creating ordered structures (context)
( s. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information#Information_als_Ver.C3.A4nderung )

3) “Knowledge” is the whole existing mapping of an intelligence with "intelligence" as the ability to assimilate and process information via mapping. This works because information is repeatable action, so marked by states and the succession of states. Even though the dynamics of information cannot be stored (because changeability is the opposite of stability and storability), the different “degrees” of the dynamics can be learnt by the repetition of the states

why knowledge is so important? Because the mapped information offers predictability for if you know a process is repeatable and you are able to determine the beginning, you can foresee its end. Decisions wouldn't make sense without a prognosis how things will proceed

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.19.

Seitenanfang