Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: "marc" <marc AT merkstduwas.de>
  • To: <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, "Metagovernment Project" <start AT metagovernment.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:45:18 +0200

Alexander Praetorius wrote:
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Michael Allan <mike AT zelea.com> wrote:
> ** "Information media" or "information system" is perhaps not a
> good name for this category. All three corners of the
> triangle are concerned with informational content.

Maybe. So could you make suggestions for a better name? :-)

"Information" seems too broad, and "fact" too narrow. Maybe
"knowledge system"?

Thats an open issues.
Currently we are trying to create precise definitions for several terms.
One of them is "Information" and it seems as there is no consensus about
what
it should mean.
So personally I think "Knowledge System" might be a better word, but there
is a
complex of terms that are very hard to define.
For me, it's a chain of terms in the following order:
Noise -> Signals/Signs/Symbols/Data/Evidence -> Information -> knowledge ->
wisdom

That's one possible good definition, but I would refine to the following:

1) DATA == character + meaning
2) INFORMATION == data + context
3) KNOWLEDGE == information + experience

1) + 2) can be represented perfectly in an 'Information System' or
'Knowledge Base'. I personally would stuck to the term 'Information System'
because of my definition of knowledge (3): IMHO knowledge depends on and
belongs to individuals and therefore cannot be represented in general.

So what's the currently called "information system" all about?
- It's a news system about what goes on in discussion and decision system.
- It probably informs one about the status quo, that means all accepted
decisions.
- It might contain a glossary, maybe a copy of statistics or other
important sources
that were used during discussion or that back up decisions
- It allows customization about what you are interested in, what do you
wanna
know, and so on...

Plus,
- it gathers information from various sources
- it is kind of 'political wiki' in a sense of AoD2.0
- it has kind of 'fact checking' functionality

Thats my vague understanding of it.

And that's very near to mine, I think.

What do you think?

Cheers
marc

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.19.

Seitenanfang