Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Requirements in regard to split opinion formation

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Requirements in regard to split opinion formation

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: "marc" <marc AT merkstduwas.de>
  • To: "Start/Metagov" <start AT metagovernment.org>, "AG Meinungsfindungstool" <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Requirements in regard to split opinion formation
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:31:08 +0200

Michael Allan wrote:
Marc said:
Yes, that's what our working group tries to establish. ... And even
more, if the user starts with T1 and then recognizes that T2 fits
better to his needs, than he can just switch over to T2, if T2
provides a migration path to the Common Business Entity Model (CBEM)
;o)

Okay, sounds good. So let's assume that both T1 and T2 are compliant
plug-ins (i.e compliant with S). This means the user can easily
switch back and forth. This is the ideal, I agree.

Now suppose T1 and T2 are voting tools. There are different kinds of
tools, of course, each with its own competing instances. But I want
to look specifically at voting tools. I see that voting is part of
the model under the category of "assessment", if I understand.

Hmm, I'm not sure if we missed the point here. Voting in the sense of 'to make a decision' is not part of the Descussion System we are talking about. It's part of the Decision System.

http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/wiki/images/4/45/DSFS-BusinessEntityModel.jpg
(I opened a separate thread to discuss model details)

It's more about Rating (as I tried to clarify on the other thread) and forming one's opinion.

Suppose further that these two voting tools (T1 and T2) are designed
to reveal and express the shape of opinion (M) as it forms. Whenever
a user wants to know the general pattern of consensus and dissensus,
or related details, he/she can pick up his favourite voting tool (say
T2) and read the information from it.

How do you feel about this? Are you comfortable with voting being
used for this purpose? (Myself, I feel it's very important to reveal
the shape of opinion as it emerges. And I think active, continuous
voting is generally the best approach for this.)

Yes. If we can agree on 'VOTING' to be read as 'RATING'.

How do others in the group feel? I wish I could ask my question in
German, because I'm interested in hearing the views of anyone who
wants to speak.

The working group has consensus about the trisection of the tool based process of decision-making into Information, Discussion and Decision System.

Therefore I think the working group member all agree on 'VOTING' to be located in the Decision System and 'RATING' to be located in the 'Discussion System'. This is because we want to distinguish between the more formal process of decision, that needs to be conform with legal law, and the process of discussion that is free of all juridical rules.

Even if it is very hard for me to find the right words in english, I appreciate our discussion!

Hope you are lenient toward me ;o)

Cheers
Marc

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.19.

Seitenanfang