Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Common business entity model

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Common business entity model

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: Michael Allan <mike AT zelea.com>
  • To: Start/Metagov <start AT metagovernment.org>, AG Meinungsfindungstool <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Cc: George Anadiotis <george.anadiotis AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Common business entity model
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 00:06:28 -0400

Marc and George,

Thanks Marc, I have a rough understanding of the model now. If any
other English speakers have questions about it, then I'll try to
answer them. Sometimes explaining is the best way to learn. ;^)

Marc said:
> That's true. But IMHO if a Group is composed of 2..* Participants,
> that doesn't mean a Participant can't be member of several
> Groups. So maybe we need a * multiplicity at the Groups side?

Or maybe an open diamond symbol (aggregate). I think filled diamond
(composite) implies a single group.

George said:
> So, a couple of simple domain models for argumentative discussions
> and consensus already exist:
> 1. A consensus ontology, based on IBIS, problem marketplaces and
> idea management:
> http://www.imc.com.gr/ontologies/eDialogos/consensus/

Welcome George,

http://www.imc.com.gr/ontologies/eDialogos/consensus/img/class_diagram_v0.1.png
I was looking at the core relations (eDialogos below). I think I can
map them to the terminology we use (in Outcast) and also AG Meinungs-
findungstool (CBEM/AG):

has has
IdeaContest <------- Idea -----------> User (eDialogos)

Poll <------- Position -------> Person (Outcast)

Topic <------- Opinion --------> Participant (CBEM/AG)

Maybe this can be our Rosetta stone for the rest of the world. :-)

Michael

George Anadiotis said:
> Dear Marc and Michael, all
>
> i hope i am not "interrupting" your discussion, but it seems to me there is
> something here which i may be able to contribute - even though
> unfortunately i have not been active on the list, i still do some work on
> the topic.
>
> So, i am glad to see that the discussion is getting active and entering
> what appears to me like a standardization / integration stage. Typically,
> there are 2 ways to deal with interoperability - on the functionality and
> on the data level. So in your example, that would translate to having T1
> being able to call some API on T2 in order to perform functions on it on
> behalf of a T1 user, and vice versa, and having T1 and T2 exchange some
> data in order to process them.
>
> Some common denominator can be agreed on on both levels, however i would
> like to emphasize more on the data side of things here. It seems to me that
> what you are doing is trying to come up with a schema to describe basic
> domain entities, their properties and relations - in other words, come up
> with a domain ontology. I do not want to lecture anyone here or to go on
> extensively about this, but i would just like to point out to a body of
> scientific work on the subject that you may be interested in - there's no
> point in reinventing the wheel after all.
>
> So, a couple of simple domain models for argumentative discussions and
> consensus already exist:
> 1. A consensus ontology, based on IBIS, problem marketplaces and idea
> management: http://www.imc.com.gr/ontologies/eDialogos/consensus/
> 2. An argumentative discussion ontology, based on
> IBIS<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issue-Based_Information_System>and
> SIOC <http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-494/coinpaper8.pdf>: http://
> ceur-ws.org/Vol-405/paper4.pdf
> 3. A survey of existing work in the domain:
> http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/sites/default/files/swj138_2.pdf
>
> The 1st and 2nd approach can be harmonized, and this is set as future work.
> There is also a body of work on the aspect of consensus on the ontology
> development process itself which could be interesting here. Hope this
> helps, let me know if you are interested in more details.
>
> best regards
> George Anadiotis

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.19.

Seitenanfang