Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Fwd: [MG] International E-Democracy Talk

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

[Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Fwd: [MG] International E-Democracy Talk

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: Alexander Praetorius <citizen AT serapath.de>
  • To: Piraten AG Meinungsfindungstool <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Subject: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Fwd: [MG] International E-Democracy Talk
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:48:37 +0100

Another potential Speaker?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roger Eaton <rogerweaton AT gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MG] International E-Democracy Talk
To: Metagovernment Project <start AT metagovernment.org>
Cc: Ed Pastore <epastore AT metagovernment.org>

> what should the next topic be....Suggestions?

I've been pretty much on the sidelines in MG because my own project doesn't quite fit with Metagovernment, yet it is related enough that sometimes I pick up ideas from the conversation here.  Perhaps I am not the only one with an outlying project and we could have a session to bring in these semi-related ideas and projects with a short presentation for each.

Briefly, the InterMix Voices of Humanity Project is aimed at getting the NGO world onto the same page.  The building block is groups.  Individuals participate through groups to write, read and rate messages.  Highly rated messages are automatically tweeted and facebooked as the "voice" of the group.  Groups participate together in "discussions" which can have "decision periods".  Within a decision period, each participating group has its own voice, ie, winning message, but the twist that makes InterMix truly different is that the software automatically recombines the participants into demographically related "voices".  For starters, we are using gender and a simple age breakdown to create six "Voices of Humanity": the Voice of Women, Voice of Men, Voice of Youth, Voice of Experience (middle aged), Voice of Wisdom (seniors) and the Voice of Humanity as One.

Although we call the voting periods that can occur within a discussion "decisions" and there is a winning message for each group and demographic group, the decision process will not be useful for creating law.  It is too wide open.  A poem might win, for instance.  What I am hoping InterMix will be good for is to build a sense of solidarity across the many divisions in the world, national, religious, political, economic, bureaucratic and more.

Anyway, I do enjoy the back and forth of MG.

all the best,

-- Roger Eaton
USA 415 933 0153
skype: rogereaton