Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] International E-Democracy Talk - NO Session on UpcomingMonday

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] International E-Democracy Talk - NO Session on UpcomingMonday

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: Ed Pastore <epastore AT metagovernment.org>
  • To: marc <marc AT merkstduwas.de>, Metagovernment Project <start AT metagovernment.org>
  • Cc: team AT makeyourlaws.org, adhocracy-dev AT lists.liqd.net, Piraten <marc.piwecki AT piratenpartei-limburg-weilburg.de>, Meinungsfindungstool <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, info AT liqd.net, info AT interaktive-demokratie.org, Bürgerbeteiligung <ag-buergerbeteiligung AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, Piraten AG Liquid Democracy <ag-liquid-democracy AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] International E-Democracy Talk - NO Session on UpcomingMonday
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 23:02:40 -0400

Well, marc, you've done quite a good job of coordination so far. :) But yes,
a core focus of Metagovernment is to facilitate collaboration and
cross-polination of ideas, so we can try to pick up on your excellent start.
If you'd like to continue working on coordinating these meetings, please do!

So the first administrative note is that this message is addressed to eight
different list servers. Plus I can think of several more that could be
invited, at least some of the time. (I suppose it depends on the topic.) So,
would it make the most sense to start a new metagov list that acts as an
announce list to these other lists? Would the admins of these various lists
allow that announce list to cross-post?

The second administrative note is on topics. Presenting projects and theses
is a good platform, but perhaps we should move on to broader issues that may
involve some dissent. (For example, in metagov, we've had some interesting
discussions on anonymity vs. public voting.) Just a suggestion; I'm open to
whatever will work. Does anyone have suggestions on how to set an agenda of
topics: is there perhaps a condorcet system we could use to select a rolling
list of topics?

P.S. I just finished watching an Obama-Romney debate about how they would
lead the world. It just astonishes me that almost everyone still buys into
this idea that one person can/should have that kind of power. Anything we all
can do to work together to make a more sane world has to be progress!