Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Classifying the tools

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

[Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Classifying the tools

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: Michael Allan <mike AT zelea.com>
  • To: Start/Metagov <start AT metagovernment.org>, AG Meinungsfindungstool <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Subject: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] Classifying the tools
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:40:15 -0400

Hi Marc,

> Decision-Making (Willensbildung) as the overall social and political
> process could be devided into to following areas:
>
> 1) Information Gathering
>
> 2) Opinion-Forming
> 2.1) brainstorming
> 2.2) discussion
>
> 3) Decision Forming
> 3.1) voting

I agree with Thomas that voting can be useful in opinion formation.
Also drafting. I added those, and made some minor clarifications:
http://meinungsfindungstool.piratenpad.de/Decision-Making-Standard

Please correct me where I'm wrong.

> My intention is to classify the tools - not data, information,
> people or discussions. So it's more about the question "What's that
> tool for?" that's to be answered. And to be able to classify tools,
> we need some kind of schema, I think.

Technically I think Votorola fits here (for reasons i to iv):

2) Opinion-Forming

* Discussion / position forming

(i) Structural backbone to enable large-scale discussion
(ii) Difference bridging to rationalize discussion

* Expression of opinion content, as by drafting

(iii) Recombinant text for freedom of expression

* Discovery and expression of opinion form/shape, as by polling
or voting

(iv) Votespace to show macro/micro-structure of consensus and
dissensus, as they form.

But definitely not here:

3) Decision Forming

Votorola expresses no formal decisions and was not really designed for
that purpose. Formal decisions tend to be closely connected with
power (force and threat of force), and I think opinion formation ought
to be free of that. I agree with Daniel on this point.

But these are just my own views. Hopefully we can still interconnect
tools and projects to *some* degree, despite differences.

Michael

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.19.

Seitenanfang