Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: Thomas von der Elbe <ThomasvonderElbe AT gmx.de>
  • To: marc <marc AT merkstduwas.de>, ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de
  • Cc: Metagovernment Project <start AT metagovernment.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Pirate Party Germany - "Opinion Forming Tool" (Working Group) - Next Meeting
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:35:10 +0200

Hello,

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 8:12, marc wrote:
Decision-Making (Willensbildung) as the overall social and political process could be devided into to following areas:

1) Information Gathering

2) Opinion-Forming

I think, "Position" would be a better term than "Opinion". I have in mind the common situation, where 100 people have 100 opinions about an issue, after a long time of brainstorming and discussion they have reduced the number to 20 opinions. Further discussion (which in my "german" understanding is about exchanging rational arguments and trying to convince the others about the "truth") is at some point futile. Here negotiation comes in and is the only way to transform 20 opinions into one or a few positions. Negotiation is imo more like bargaining about the price on an Asian market, it is not so much about the thruth anymore, but nevertheless imo an integral part of politics and "Position-Forming".

therefore imo:

2) Position-Forming
2.1) brainstorming
2.2) discussion
2.3) negotiation

3) Decision Forming
3.1) voting

Since "Voting" can also be part of discussion (voting for arguments) and negotiation (voting for positions) we should maybe add 2.4) voting.

... my 2 cents.

Greetings,
Thomas

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Allan