Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Github as THE BEST collaboration platform that has ever existed!

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Github as THE BEST collaboration platform that has ever existed!

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: Alexander Praetorius <citizen AT serapath.de>
  • To: Pietro Speroni di Fenizio <metagovernment AT pietrosperoni.it>, Metagovernment Project <start AT metagovernment.org>
  • Cc: Piraten AG Bürgerbeteiligung <ag-buergerbeteiligung AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, Piraten AG Meinungsfindungstool <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, AG Demokratie <ag-demokratie AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, AG Liquid Democracy <ag-liquid-democracy AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Github as THE BEST collaboration platform that has ever existed!
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 20:22:21 +0200

How would democracy work in a past where majority of people could not read and write?
It didnt work well.

The NEW LITERACY is programming and EVERYONE needs to learn it sooner or later.
This is why i started a project for kids to learn programming but am open to teach adults too
http://wizard.amigos.institute

If you don't know how to program, you can still "sign up" on github and press "form buttons", learn "MARKDOWN" and discuss documents.
Yes, it takes some discipline, but its not hard at all compared to programming.
So people can just learn how to work on documents...
... if we really want a different society, everyone has to change, which means actually DOING or LIVING differently, which means learning how to be disciplined enought to use structured discussion tools like on the best social network of them all => GITHUB :-)

If people dont start sophisticated colaboration, it's not gonna work out well.
Currently we are in some kind of "early bird" phase, were people, mostly programmers (who learned the new literacy already), prototype the methods of collaboration for the future.
Once "Best Practices" evolve, new Tools can be written, that refine the ways in which GITHUB works right now to make it even simpler to use for people who are not literate yet.

The "Next Generation Github" will also be decentralised and not run on some company servers, but for now, it's good enough to prototype the methods of collaboration :-)