Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Decision Rule

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Decision Rule

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: "marc" <marc AT merkstduwas.de>
  • To: <npconner AT earthlink.net>, "Metagovernment Project" <start AT metagovernment.org>
  • Cc: Piraten AG Meinungsfindungstool <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Subject: Re: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [MG] Decision Rule
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:58:38 +0100

Hi Ned,

Thank you so much for red flagging this!

This is a very important point: currently the AG-MFT model locates (NUO) within the Discussion System area.

That means the "vote arrow" is NOT valid for (NUO) driven decisions! Currently for (NUO) the *participation* is *implicit*, as you already pointed out earlier.

As far as I can say, there are currently two possible workflows of making a decision using the AG-MFT model:

(1) The (CV) run of things:
(a) In the Discussion System a discourse is going on (, and interrupted by some trigger).
(b) The Resolution System is notified about the decision to be made.
(c) The Resolution System executes the decisio-making process using the (CV) methodology.
(d) If there is a decision, the Information System is notified about the resolution, else the resolution is rejected and send back to the Discussion System.

(2) The (NUO) run of things:
(a) In the Discussion System a discourse is going on (, and on, and on..).
(b) The Resolution System is notified about the decision to be made.
(c) The Resolution System executes the decisio-making process using the (NUO) methodology.
(d) If there is a decision, the Information System is notified about the resolution, else the resolution is rejected and send back to the Discussion

IMHO the relevant difference between both is, that with (2) the execution of (a) and (c) is definitely in parallel, while (a) might be on hold with (1).

But I am going to discuss this within the AG-MFT weekly mumble meeting on Monday.

In fact the domain of AG-MFT is currently the Position Forming (Discussion Systems). Our main focus is not on Decision-Making (Resolution Systems) right now.

Even if we already know that there will be an extensive interaction between all systems taking part in the decision-making process, we did not specify the interfaces between them yet.

Cheers
marc

-----Original Message----- From: Ned Conner