Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] From now on, my favourite "interaction metaphor" for discussion systems :-)

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

[Ag Meinungsfindungstool] From now on, my favourite "interaction metaphor" for discussion systems :-)

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: Alexander Praetorius <citizen AT serapath.de>
  • To: Metagovernment Project <start AT metagovernment.org>, Piraten AG Meinungsfindungstool <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>
  • Subject: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] From now on, my favourite "interaction metaphor" for discussion systems :-)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 00:58:17 +0100

Whatever "features" a software tool might have, in order to succeed, it needs:

https://medium.com/about/dont-write-alone-8304190661d4
https://medium.com/about/why-medium-notes-are-different-and-how-to-use-them-well-5972c72b18f2

Why?
Because, there can be a seperate "thread" of discussion for each part of the content.

Go to the above links and randomly SELECT ANY TEXT with your mouse.
There will be a small "popup menu" which offers you to:
   - either tweet the content via twitter (to share stuff with others)
   - comment on exactly the part of the text you marked and start a discussion thread

This kind of usability feature is mandatory if we want success.

Some of you might have heard about:
https://disqus.com/

...which basically offers a "comenting system" as a service for other people to bake it into their existing websites. This is a VERY IMPORTANT MECHANISM for what we want to achieve, but the problem is, that it is way to coarse-grained for a well structured discussion, but if you combine "DISQUS" with the features from "MEDIUM COMMENTS", in order to offer everyone to easily integrate a "single sign on discussion system" into their existing web-pages, then what you get is a very solid foundation that more advanced features and analytics and the like could be built on.

If you people think the same, maybe there could be a "KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN" or other ways to present the functionality to others and get funding in order to code this.
I personally - given time, thus given funding - could implement an open source _javascript_ component, which cna be "drag'n'dropped" into any web page and be able to create that kind of "popup" next to "selected website content" in order to comment on it and then transmit that data to a backend, but also "on page load" receive all the data to populate the webpage with "comment thread icons" or something like that.

So there would need to be some kind of "backend" which should basically also offers "registration" and differnet levels of "credential validations" (anonymous -> ... -> registered with email -> .. -> registered with personal identity card / tax number) and which allows ANY PERSON at ANY WEB PAGE which uses the service, to comment on ANY PART and identify themseles in the ongoing discussion :-)

this could really become a very very dynamic thing :-)
I'm thrilled. I'm not good in organizing funding or presenting this or marketing to reach potential sponsors, but i can code the frontend component and i can help creating some kind of "mock up"

What do you people think?

--
DISCLAIMER:
Everything I have written above is my personal experience/opinion on things, no matter what kinds of words i did use

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alexander Praetorius
Bornemannstrasse 17
D - 60599 Frankfurt am Main
Germany
Germany
[skype] alexander.praetorius

Archiv bereitgestellt durch MHonArc 2.6.19.

Seitenanfang