Zum Inhalt springen.
Sympa Menü

ag-meinungsfindungstool - [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [STATUSINFO] 08.10.2012 AG MFT Mumbletreffen

ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de

Betreff: Ag-meinungsfindungstool mailing list

Listenarchiv

[Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [STATUSINFO] 08.10.2012 AG MFT Mumbletreffen

Chronologisch Thread
  • From: "marc" <marc AT merkstduwas.de>
  • To: "Metagovernment Project" <start AT metagovernment.org>, <info AT liqd.net>, "Piraten AG Liquid Democracy" <ag-liquid-democracy AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, "Piraten AG Meinungsfindungstool" <ag-meinungsfindungstool AT lists.piratenpartei.de>, <info AT interaktive-demokratie.org>, <adhocracy-dev AT lists.liqd.net>
  • Subject: [Ag Meinungsfindungstool] [STATUSINFO] 08.10.2012 AG MFT Mumbletreffen
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:06:08 +0200

Ahoi,

Yesterday our second concept presentation session took place. This time
Ronald Grindle presented his concept of an "Architecture of a Democracy
2.0".

In addition the session started with the regular weekly meeting of our
working group to decide on the vision text 'Die Grundidee'.
You can have a look on our short notes here:
http://meinungsfindungstool.piratenpad.de/2012-10-08-Notizen (in german
language only)

As we are used to in our last meetings, we also recorded the mumble session.
It may be worth listen to it. You can download the audio here:
http://bayfiles.com/file/njMN/8h6pRB/Mumble-2012-10-08-21-08-51-mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de-Mixdown.mp3

WHAT HAPPENED?

In the beginning of yesterdays session we managed to get a consensus on our
vision text 'Die Grundidee'
(http://meinungsfindungstool.piratenpad.de/Anforderungsanalyse-Grundidee in
german only) as a first draft that can be published on our work groups wiki
and afterwards be translatet into english. The publishing on the wiki is to
be done by myself in the course of this week;.

The more important and even interesting part of our session was the
presentation of the concept of an "Architecture for a Democracy 2.0" by
Ronald Grindle. His speech gave us a good overview of his end-to-end
solution for the political process of opinion- and decision-forming as well
as information gathering. The trias of information, discussion and decision
is remarkable here. The big point of Ronald's concept is, that he tried to
think the overall process, not just one aspekt of it.

If you want to learn more on this you should listen to the recording,
starting at minute 15. You could also have a closer look by reading his
concept, currently available in german language only, but an english
translation is in progress:
http://www.qanav.com/eipwTst/content/idocs/P21StruktDoc.pdf

WHAT IS COMING NEXT?

We continue the concept presentation sessions with a deep insight to
'makeyourlaws.org' by Saizai, one of the makeyourlaws.org core team members,
I think.

Besides the presentations our working group needs to define the basic
vocabulary (grundlegende Begriffe
http://meinungsfindungstool.piratenpad.de/Definitionen) to define our domain
more precise.

WHEN WE MEET AGAIN?

The working group AG Meinungsfindungstool meet on coming Monday, 15th
October at 9pm UTC+2 for 30 minutes to discuss current outstanding topics.
Agenda follows on subsequent email.

Afterwards at 9.30pm UTC+2 the presentation of makeyourlaws.org starts.
Saizai promissed to send some information upfront.

If you have any queries, don't hesitate to contact our working group!

Cheers
marc

-----Original Message----- From: marc